Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
This Sr. Director of Supplier Quality will report to the VP of Quality. He/she will be responsible for the overall leadership and execution of the supplier quality assurance and quality control strategy, programs and policies. As a member of the company’s Quality Leadership Team, leads the development, articulation, implementation and continuous improvement of Global Quality projects, policies and compliance programs. Acts as a champion for building a “culture of quality” across the organization.
- Develop, implement and communicate a clear strategic vision for supplier quality to maximize supplier alignment and engagement, and performance
- Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products at suppliers
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Promotes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures at suppliers
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements and maintains a strong independent role as it relates to compliance-related decisions.
- Collaborates with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods aligned with APQP methods
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Ensures quality by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Quality business (or any of its support industries)
- 8+ years’ experience in a senior quality management function in a global organization.
- Masters Degree
- An established leader who can demonstrate his/her ability to lead change, and implement sustainable Quality Systems in support of a complex operation
- Strong knowledge of AS9100 or equivalent ISO9000 systems
- Aerospace Regulatory Compliance (FAA etc.) in both domestic and international environments
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Strong background in APQP and implementation of measuring and testing equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically while tactically setting goals and tasks scope
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean Manufacturing)
- Ability to motivate and energize the team through strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to make tough decisions to enhance organizational skills
- JOB ID: HRD83872
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley),Phoenix,Arizona,85027,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.