UPS Support Specialist I
Unishippers operates within a fast-paced industry that draws motivated, quick-thinking and proactive people. The company nurtures a culture where ideas, questions, challenges, open two-way communication and risk-taking are welcomed without fear of failure.
The Unishippers Corporate Franchise Support Specialist I position is designed to be an integral part of the Corporate Support structure. This position focuses on providing basic sales support to all franchise offices within the Unishippers system. In addition, the Franchise Support Specialist I role works closely with UPS to field requests and escalate issues as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Serve as an escalation point to the Unishippers Franchises
- Serve as a liaison between UPS, the Unishippers Corporate Support teams, and Unishippers franchise offices in the resolution of day-to-day issues and questions.
- Have a thorough understanding of and the ability to support the company’s proprietary systems
- Have a basic understanding of and ability to troubleshoot issues of UPS’ proprietary systems
- Provide first line support via phone and email
- Take ownership of incoming issues/requests and be proactive with communication
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot basic issues prior to redirecting for resolution
- Research and evaluate new programs and processes to further knowledge
- Other responsibilities as defined by management
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Possess exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Maintain a pleasant work attitude
- Be a motivated team player with a strong desire to learn and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate eagerness to acquire knowledge and skills, continually looking for ways to expand job capabilities
- Show commitment, dedication, and accountability to work and follow through on all projects
- Build a logical approach to address problems or opportunities. Present problem analyses and recommend solutions to others
WHAT WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Training and ongoing support from all levels of management
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
- Paid Vacation and all Major Holidays
- Volunteer Opportunities
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Unishippers is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Unishippers has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the need of any small- to medium-sized business customers.
Unishippers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unishppers, Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Director of Worldwide Express.