Do you have strong mechanical aptitude, good organizational skills and a positive attitude? We would love you to join our Maintenance Team to help make our Maintenance Technicians more efficient.
You enjoy figuring out the cause of a problem and implementing a solution. You enjoy working with production and maintenance folks to help equipment operate at a high level.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Receive, review and prioritize Work Requests (WR) with respect to the current WO backlog.
- Maintain an accurate WO backlog to ensure the highest value work is completed in a timely manner.
- Optimize maintenance capacity utilization with fully planned work for active WOs, PdM and PMs.
- Optimize SAP-CMMS utilization to create accurate work tracking, charging and equipment history.
- Schedule and direct contractors required for planned WOs, PdM, PMs and small plant projects.
- Oversee inventory for spare parts, materials and supplies required to support new/existing equipment and min-max quantities based on historical usage and/or changes in equipment service, oversee a year end physical inventory, verification of incoming parts and materials, storeroom accuracy, and vendor performance based on value added service, quality, delivery, reliability and cost.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the appropriate solutions to technical issues.
- Compile and organize information for month-ending reports.
- Maintain an updated technical library and file.
- Track history of equipment performance.
- Lead planning meetings to facilitate scheduling of overtime work as appropriate.
Your Education and Experience.
- High Diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree from two-year College or technical school in a relevant technical field is preferred.
- Three to five years related technical maintenance experience or training in CMMS for Planning or Administration is required.
- Mechanical/electrical background is necessary. Apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable.
- Have adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job. Must have a demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Good organizational skills. Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
- Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
This position is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your Needs. Our Values.
“People-First Culture” - Our people-first culture is founded on a simplepremise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can’t smile without saying “cheese”. Our CEO always says, if you’re not having fun at work or spending time with your family, then you’re doing it wrong.
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring through our “promote from within” philosophy. It is not uncommon for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into leadership roles.
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a difference in the company and in the lives of people in our communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay Packers through our ‘Touchdowns for Hunger’ program which has resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We support our employees who serve their communities year-round including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We’re a national brand, owned by a real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing products.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.