Customer Service Advocate-Gerber Life Insurance
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position represents Gerber Life through providing exceptional service to existing customers and engaging in consultative conversations using the Gerber Life Insurance Sales process. Processes transactions and ensures customers’ needs are met via inbound calls and outbound calls.
- Responds to customer inquiries via inbound and outbound service and sales telephone interactions to address a variety of customer inquiries which include, but are not limited to, processing payments, resolving billing issues, policy changes requests and completing new insurance applications.
- Reviews customer’s current insurance needs while engaging in consultative conversations. Expected to make recommendations that address the customer’s needs, while also promoting business growth and goal achievement with competitive, industry-leading life insurance and other financial products.
- Handles customer inquiries in a positive and professional manner consistent with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Attend 10 weeks of on-site training.
- Obtain and maintain multi-state licenses while employed in this position:
- Must pass state insurance agent licensing within approximately 3 weeks of hire.
- Must obtain appointments in 39 Company designated states within approximately the first five to seven weeks of employment.
- Must obtain licensing in remaining states which Gerber Life Insurance Company conducts business within approximately 45 to 60 days of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience
- Contact center experience and knowledge considered a plus
- Life Insurance industry experience and knowledge considered a strong advantage
- Customer Service Advocate with the ability to discuss information in a customer friendly manner.
- Strong and accurate business English, verbal and written communication skills (grammar and spelling)
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Strong bilingual competency considered a plus (English and Spanish)
- Strong service acumen and sales focus with the ability to offer additional products that will fill the insurance needs of the customer
- Excellent PC, data entry & word processing software skills required
- Onsite in a Call Center
- High School Diploma or GED
Certifications & Licenses:
- Able to obtain a Life and Health Insurance License
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to follow a customized service and sales process.
- Ability to learn Gerber Life product details and service protocols and adhere to procedures and rules of conduct in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule - including evenings, Saturdays and some Company Holidays