The Pill Club is expanding and looking for a full-time Desktop Support Specialist capable of providing Tier 1 support to our internal staff. The candidate will be a part of our Information Technology Team helping expand and maintain the IT infrastructure at our DFW site. As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will collaborate with a multitude of different departments supporting the overall Pill Club mission. You will be responsible for resolving IT issues and effectively relaying solutions via on-site support, phone, email, and/or instant message.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Highly knowledgeable in Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team player and have great interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills to resolve unique IT related issues
- Experienced using an e-ticket support system (i.e. JIRA Helpdesk, Remedy, etc.)
- Comfortable with occasional after hours, including nights/weekends
- Build, deploy, and maintain workspace devices such as desktops, laptops, and peripherals (printers, scanners, mobile/smartphones, etc.) in accordance with department standards
- Identify, log, and resolve technical problems
- Identify and report trends with possible resolution steps to team members
- Identify potential changes and system improvements for potential implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and is in accordance with department guidelines
- Clearly explain and document technical issues
- Assist senior staff as needed to configure/troubleshoot servers and network equipment
- Use a ticketing system to accurately record IT requests
- Associate degree or equivalent verifiable work experience in a closely related field
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS
- Knowledge and understanding of network fundamentals
- Experience working in a HIPAA-compliant environment
- CompTIA A+/Net+/Security+, Google Apps Certified Administrator and/or Google IT Support Professional certifications
- Experience with a Linux Distribution
We are a family of medical professionals, women's health advocates, and software engineers on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control! If you are interested in working at a rapidly growing healthcare startup and want to get in on the ground floor of building a company that’s changing the way birth control is dispensed, please consider joining our team!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.