Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that can be found at national and regional restaurants, hospitals and universities, movie theatres and major retailers in the U.S. and in more than 60 countries. At 15 manufacturing sites across North America, Ventura Foods creates dressings and sauces, mayonnaises, margarines, and oils that help our customers create great-tasting flavors with high-quality ingredients. Those same high-quality ingredients go into our own set of branded products, such as: Marie’s® dressings, LouAna® oils, Dean’s® dips and Gold n’ Soft® spreads. Our company is headquartered in Brea, California with operations across the U.S, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and Singapore. Regardless of your role, function or location, at Ventura Foods, you'll be part of a supportive team dedicated to helping our customers delight their customers.
To keep all production and receiving areas clean by cleaning and sanitizing processing equipment and maintaining the areas in accordance with approved quality and sanitation procedures. Maintain equipment and comply with food safety regulations to provide safe quality product to customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean lint, dust, oil, and grease from all production equipment, removing parts as needed and putting the equipment back together for all production lines. Also responsible for cleaning overhead pipes and conveyors
- Clean all processing tanks and vats, as well as cleaning or changing out filters as required
- Assist with maintaining daily operational production efficiency and sanitation duties. Assist with maintenance of all sanitation related equipment
- Clean floor using sanitation chemicals as required, transporting trash and other waste to the disposal area
- Actively participate in the training of new hires and/or transfers
- Complete all required paperwork, accurately and timely
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), safety procedures, company policies, quality policies and procedures, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points as they apply to this position
- Operate forklift or hand lift to transport materials as needed
- Communicate problems or concerns with appropriate personnel
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 or more years of sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess good reading and math skills to accurately perform the requirements of the job
- Requires mechanical aptitude and good hand and eye coordination
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills
- Complete training and have working knowledge of sanitation responsibilities for all production lines
- Capable of being forklift licensed/certified
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.