At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.The successful candidate will:
- Own all product development engineering activity for the Devices Group within the Medical BU.
- Own all process development engineering activity for the Devices Group within the Medical BU.
- Play a leading role in our Global Device product development strategy.
- Build strong relationships with our customer organizations.
- Drive strong collaboration with our Commercial and Business Development Teams.
- Partner with CTO, Metals and Interconnect on Product Roadmap and Innovation efforts.
- Partner with Product Management, PMO and Operations in executing new product deliverables and successfully transferring new products into Operations.
- Support technology group in the delivery of demonstration prototypes on time to support identified programs.
- Delivery of working prototypes to ensure projects hit agreed timelines to design freeze.
- Delivery of required test units (design/clinical as required) on time and on budget.
- Development of processes to ensure device design passes timely and in budget transition through stage gates into long term operations/manufacturing.
- Attract and retain top engineering talent across the devices organization.
- Ensure a focus on ECE Extraordinary Customer Experience.
- Work closely with our Commercial and Business Development Organizations to support new business initiatives.
- Partner with the CTO, Business Development and Commercial in the development of innovative solutions or platforms that can help our customers to win in their markets.
- Align with Operations to set clear expectations regarding transferring new products into manufacturing.
- Partner with Product Management in overall Portfolio decisions and commitments.
- Develop and manage a high performing organization which is fit for purpose.
- Own and manage functional budget.
- Drive accountability in their teams to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Drive innovation and technical problem solving within the portfolio. Partner with Cross Functional Team in enabling the success of all new product development efforts.
- Work closely with existing and potential customers in selling our capabilities.
- Employee Development:
- Upskill and develop the R&D and PD teams to ensure effective execution of the existing and future portfolio
- Apply the TE philosophy of I&D in all hiring and development activities
- Support employees in reaching their career potential, utilizing the available resources (both system and process) and creating development plans that meet their and the business expectation
- Represent Device Engineering during all customer visits, tech days and executive presentations
- Drive a culture of winning spirit and success.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering.
- Proven expertise in process development.
- Proven experience as a Leader of a large Technical Engineering team.
- Execution and business results delivery focused.
- Experience of working in a multi-national - Public Company environment.
- Cost Center Management.
- International experience and personality geared toward New Product & Business Development - collaborative working & effective listening skills are critical in this role.
- Master qualified with the following competencies a distinct advantage - Portfolio Management; Strategic Planning; Technology Development/Evaluation.
- Strategic Marketing; Clinical Expertise; Integration Leader; Business Development; IP Creation/Management; Catheter/Guidewire Development; Design Controls Expert Hardware/Software Development.
- Strong communication skills - Written & verbal.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, fearless as to Business Development challenges.
- Ability to both push-back and champion vision for Device Engineering while prioritizing key initiatives.
- Experience in Strategic Planning; Mergers and Acquisition; Business Development & Customer Partnering.
- Team development - focus on building immediate and long-term team success through development.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers) About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com
and on LinkedIn
. What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location. #TEGTA19