Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Remote - Work from home position
- The position pays $18.00/hr. (For suburbs outside of Las Vegas, there may be 5% differential)
- You will receive a $45 monthly stipend for internet.
- Must live in Las Vegas or Greater Las Vegas Market.
- Full-Time, Shift will fall during 6:00am-10:00pm PST, Sunday - Saturday.
- Shifts are 7.5 hours paid, Sunday - Saturday with an unpaid 30 or 60 minute lunch/dinner.
- Weekly schedule will be consistent; may submit a change request after six months.
- Paid mandatory training is 8-10 weeks, Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm PST
Our WORK FROM HOME positions fill quickly, APPLY TODAY!
The Cancer Support Specialist (CSS) assist American Cancer Society constituents with requests for ACS programs & services, community resources, material orders and a broad range of general inquiries. The CSS matches constituents to national and local resource support leading to improved quality of life for cancer patients who are referred or contact the Society. The CSS demonstrates exceptional relationship building skills to develop trust and loyalty between callers and the American Cancer Society. This position is critical to the promotion and enhancement of the Society’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Handles high volume of patient related and general constituent contacts in a consistent and customer focused manner ensuring total constituent satisfaction
- Takes complete ownership of constituent inquiries, identifies and evaluates constituent needs while providing an accurate and thorough information exchange
- Systematically researches options and provides patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals, students and members of community organization with information regarding ACS programs and services, other local and national cancer-related resources, as well as general inquiries
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with patients, field staff, volunteers, and health care systems through courteous, timely and professional service
- Documents all data points in the customer relationship management database required by organizational processes and policies
- Strives for first contact resolution and skillfully provides process expectations to support overall customer experience
- Coordinates ACS transportation, lodging and support programs to remove barriers to care and help patients complete treatment
- Triages requests to internal groups and escalates complex issues to the appropriate knowledgeable resource
- Fulfills material orders
- Utilizes software, databases and procedures appropriately
- Meets established performance management metrics and goals
- Handles all interactions with tact, courtesy and empathy while assesses the caller’s emotional status and promotes psycho-social support resources as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of work related processes and policies
- Maintains a cohesive team environment and utilizes coaching and feedback to improve performance
- Reports problems related to callers, operations, telephone system and/or system hardware/software to appropriate resource
- Abides by ACS policies, procedures, and security requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned