The Packer position is responsible for constructing boxes and packing them full of products you already know and love. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's , Cheetos , and Doritos are just a few of the products that you would be packing in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
Work hours are primarily in the evening and also often include many overnight shifts. It takes teamwork for a facility to run smoothly, so you can expect to work weekends and holidays with the rest of the crew.
If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you are welcome to apply. What you can expect is to be working on your feet for the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Our team has a reputation for speed and we obsess over numbers. We measure nearly every activity that occurs on the manufacturing floor. This is because we are constantly trying to better ourselves.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the course of the workday:
- You will construct boxes and pack them with Frito-Lay products, either manually or with the help of automated machines.
- You will perform frequent quality checks, such as making sure labels are correct.
- You will maintain a clean and safe work area (safety is everyone's job).
- You will clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
- You will be setting up lines during a changeover process, such as when we switch from making Cool Ranch Doritos to Nacho Cheese Doritos. Your role might include placing stickers and wiping down machines and making minor adjustments to machinery.
- You will also be pushing waste totes from our production area to a compactor, securing it with a latch, and rolling them back to our production floor.
- Reworking products is another task you will do daily: the team takes any product that does not meet our quality standards and puts them off to the side.
- You will review our production schedule daily. How many boxes will you need? As a Packer, understanding the production schedule and planning for your shift is important.
- You will troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
If you have never worked in a manufacturing environment before, please know that this position involves repetitively moving the arms and torso while continually standing for many hours. Packers are expected to stay on the line until someone relieves you for your break.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will regularly wear a hairnet, safety glasses, bump cap, and steel-toed shoes for the duration of your work day.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what managers are looking for:
- High Energy: have you ever wished that your coworkers moved as quickly as you do? At Frito-Lay, you will find yourself surrounded by a team that motivates one another to work at a fast pace with a laser focus on the task at hand.
- Detail Oriented: you make a conscious effort to review expiration dates, and use correct boxes and labels to ensure high quality work.
- Problem solving: from time to time, you will troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Work Ethic: we expect you to stay focused on your assigned job tasks. We closely track performance and efficiency throughout work shifts because your performance helps the team achieve overall performance goals.
- Teamwork: we are dependable and accountable to one another because of our shared passion to attain targets and goals. Offering help to others, especially during changeovers, without being asked to do so is expected at Frito-Lay.
- Flexibility: we look out for one another on the warehouse floor by being flexible. You might be asked to go to a different area and work on a different set of job tasks.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.