The Packaging Technician is responsible for providing assistance in duties related to keeping the line running smoothly. Leads direct activities for production focus on equipment and process.
Essential Job Duties
- Leads team in line setup and changeover of product, identify critical controls, and issues.
- Provides production run sheets to packaging machine operators to complete daily production run.
- Updates production system and/or case total board with completed case counts in order to communicate production goals to next shift.
- Maintains raw material inventory and communicates discrepancies as needed.
- Sets up, and operates multiple machines in the packaging area.
- Assists with keeping the production line consistently operating and clear of jams.
- Responsible for basic trouble shooting and making minor adjustments as needed.
- Aids the operation of packaging machinery by trouble shooting issues with codes, dates and prices.
- Assists and/or submits maintenance work orders.
- Performs or assists with Preventative Maintenance (PM) as needed.
- Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as required.
- Maintains and leads GMP, PPE, safety, and quality policy compliance – by following and setting an example and validating employee compliance.
- Assists with communications to Quality Assurance on holds, changeovers, etc.
- Assist supervisor in completing daily line paperwork on KPIs.
- Reads and understands machine data.
- May assist Packaging Coordinator or Supervisor with training of new employees and operators on the line.
- If applicable, runs checks on metal detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- May perform sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not limited to equipment washes which requires tear down and reassembly, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
May serve in a lead role to other employees.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements Attention to detail, mechanical ability.
- Able to assist supervisor or packaging coordinator in leading team.
- Must have good solid Computer skills.
- Clearly express instructions and communications in talking and writing.
- Demonstrates ownership accountabilities.
- Demonstrate leadership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Average (Add, subtraction, dividing, percentages, and fractions).
- All machines on line (continuously).
- Mechanical aptitudes – preferred maintenance/production machine experience/knowledge.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Be able to obtain Lockout/Tag out Certification.
Job - Manufacturing
Primary Location - United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Organization - Supply Chain-Bakery Mfg_Packaging(L13010)
Schedule - Full-time
EEO Disclosure - Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories