Outpatient Infusion Center Registered Nurse - AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 2501 N Orange Avenue, Orlando, Fl 32804
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient.
- Identifies individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
- Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
What You Will Need:
The RN is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process in achieving the goals of the department. Assists the radiologist during breast biopsy procedures and provides care, documentation and follow up for the patient following the procedure. Follows up on all positive mammograms securing the proper Rx from physician and assisting the patient with obtaining further testing. Additional responsibilities include scheduling special procedures, maintaining, accessing and printing patient records assuring privacy following HIPAA guidelines. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.