UNFI in Urbana, IL is has been deemed critical business/essential personnel and we will remain open despite recent events relating to COVID-19. We keep safety and health of our associates at a forefront. We looking for safe, motivated, full Time associates to support our warehouse operation.
Be proud of what you do, and who you work for, APPLY TODAY!
Openings include both 1st and 2nd shift availability. Full time positions offer comprehensive benefit and retirement packages. Starting wage is $18.29/ per hour.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Selects various grocery and perishable warehouse stock by hand.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Warehouse and/or pallet jack experience preferred.
- Previous order selection, warehouse experience such as shipping or receiving, or experience in a physically demanding position is preferred.
- Must be willing to consent to background check, drug screen, and physical capacities test.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds, frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Must have the ability to work in various temperatures from -20 to 80 degrees.
- Must be able to work the required schedule which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time