- Reads batch sheets/customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Compares items packed with customer's order and other identifying data.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Examine stock and shipment details to verify conformance to Vendor Compliance.
- Assist with proper product procedures, such as bagging, labeling, and boxing.
- Fastens postage to outbound packages.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to work as a team player and assist other departments as required.
- Assist in any other special projects, as needed and participate in processes to improve quality and increased efficiency or productivity.
- Ability to unload, check-in, count and sort incoming product to verify receipt of items on bill of lading and Packing Lists.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Forklift experience a plus
- Experience in a Warehouse or Distribution Environment
- Must be 18 or over.
Physical demands needed to successfully perform the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Use hands/arms to reach for and handle merchandise and materials.
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift, push and/or pull up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds; and infrequently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise levels from the distribution center’s mechanical and computer equipment.
- You will work near moving mechanical parts and will occasionally work from places high above the ground.
- You will be working in an environment with high temperatures (and occasionally cold temperatures.)
Founded in 1989, Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste handling equipment in North America. We specialize in products, systems and solutions to help you collect, store, transport, and manage a wide range of waste and recyclables. Wastequip is one of the few companies that manufactures a complete line of both steel and plastic waste handling equipment. We built our stress-free solutions with you in mind, making Wastequip the perfect place for one-stop sourcing.
Wastequip’s extensive product selection includes dumpsters, compactors, balers, carts and more. Our products are built to handle collection of household, commercial, and industrial waste and recyclables. Our experienced sales team specializes in assisting customers in finding the right solution for your waste or recycling needs. With facilities across North America, we have the product you need when and where you need it.