About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Position OverviewAs an Item/Eaches Selector, you will be responsible for accurate and efficient selection of general merchandise products for shipment to stores. This work is light distribution in a friendly atmosphere where safety is a high priority. Our new warehouse is designed to reduce heavy lifting and involves minimal physical requirements.
Must be able
- Accurately listen to voice commands and select orders from racks or stock
- Visually inspect products for damage or improper packaging
- Work at a steady pace, correctly identifying and counting items
- Place order into totes and place on conveyors
- Assist in stocking functions; cutting boxes open and placing into inventory locations
- Work in safe and effective manner; keep work area clean and sanitary
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations
- Special Skills : Ability to read and comprehend numbers and sequences and to count items correctly • Good hand-eye coordination; • Team-oriented; willing to move from one area/assignment to another • Able to work above ground at varying heights
- Physical abilities: : Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Must be able to work required overtime in order to complete store orders
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Relevant experience