eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team
The payments team is part of the Risk & Payments global team and will join teammates in Austin, Salt Lake, Dublin and Germany in support payments customers. For information about eBay Managed Payments visit the link: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/managed-payments/
We are excited to grow our team in Salt Lake City! Your journey with eBay will begin with a comprehensive training program on our products, technology and performance targets. After your initial training, you will be required to reach proficiency in your targets. Going forward you will participate in the ongoing training and upskilling, to set you up for a long-term career with eBay.
Important Information: the start date for the role is 13th of July 2020. We require your availability for 10 consecutive weeks of training.
- Providing phone support for eBay members with queries related to payments
- Supporting sellers through the eBay selling and payment lifecycle
- Researching eBay members accounts to determine the best and compliant course of action to remove barriers to trade and payouts
- Taking appropriate action for eBay to ensure a safe and compliant trading platform for our community
- Making accurate decisions on a variety of risk, fraud and policy workflows
- Ability to make decisions on a variety of topics that our Sellers and Buyers face, and to do so quickly
- Strong sense of ownership of the Customer, and the exceptional experience we provide
- Establishing a trusting relationship between eBay and the customer while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Empathy to customer concerns and display a sincere desire to serve with ownership through to resolution
- Doing what is right for our Customers, and a determination to follow through to ensure a positive experience on eBay
- Excel at learning through our training programs and self-learning to keep growing your skills & knowledge
- Taking responsibility for your development goals and evolving to be your best self at work
- Problem Solving: Aptitude to understand the customer issue through key questioning to get to the root of the issue quickly. Understanding of the data needed to quickly review and identify the issue. Drive for customer resolution and clarity.
- Business Acumen: Understanding the basics of how an eCommerce business operates, and what is important to our customers.
- Financial Acumen: Understands foundational financial concepts and the unique regulatory requirements imposed on organizations involved in the movement of money.
- Negotiation and Influence: At times, the teammate will be required to advocate on behalf of eBay and/or the customer.
- Adaptability: This teammate will need to be agile and strong, with flexible standards and an ability to remain balanced despite the conflicting demands of multiple situations. Teammates will be encouraged to help define and shape the customer experience we deliver as we grow our presence in intermediated payments.
- Professional Communication: High degree of professional presence in both written and spoken communication.
- Financial & Risk Acumen: Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research and investigation.
- Available for shift work including early mornings, late evenings and weekend work (ask your recruiter about shift details)
- Previous financial service, payments experience would be considered an asset
- Experience working in risk and fraud operations is advantageous
- Experience providing phone support to customers is crucial
- Articulate providing information over the phone
- Drive to meet and exceed targets
- Ability and drive to learn and grow
- Passionate about customers and customer experience
- Great at connecting with people and building relationships
- A good listener with a friendly attitude
- Resiliency and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of technology, systems and applications
- Starting pay of $18/hr with differentials for swing and weekend shifts
- Benefits on Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance)
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay
- Teammates receive quarterly performance bonuses and yearly performance raises
- And many more at ebaybenefits.com
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement