- OB FAMILY SUMMARY: Administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment | Accounts for all materials and supplies in the stores facilities; audits goods received into warehouse | Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures | Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space | Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment CAREER LEVEL DESCRIPTION: Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. KNOWLEDGE: Complete understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops resolutions to moderately complex to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Job requires judgement within broadly defined policies and practices. Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts. MINIMUM EDUCATION & TYPICAL EXPERIENCE OR EQUIV. COMBINATION: Works with limited autonomy and under moderate direction. Routine work requires no direction. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Job DescriptionJob Description
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career as a Part-Time Material Handler!
CLICK HERE to watch a video to learn more about working for McKesson!
We currently have the following shift available to add to our team:
Sunday through Thursday 8:00 pm to 1:00 am
The Material Handler job will involve:
- Pulling and packing medical, surgical supplies and equipment orders for shipment
- May use power equipment including, but not limited to forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment while maintaining the highest level of productivity and accuracy
- Working with RF Scanning equipment to maintain records of merchandise shipped, as well as examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines
- Standing and engaging in repetitive movement throughout the entire shift
- Extensive walking and mandatory overtime as needed is required
- Passion around working for a leading healthcare distribution company focused on distributing medical and surgical supplies and equipment to more than 50% of Americas hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and other healthcare facilities
If you like the sound of these job tasks and perks, then starting your career as a Material Handler is right for you!
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift pulling and picking orders as you strategically get the job done
- Stay Fit - Get your workout in as you bend, twist, lift up to 50lbs, and walk extensive miles per shift
- Work Hard, Play Hard – That’s right! Your performance will help you earn financial incentive on top of your regular pay
- Take advantage of on the job training to operate power equipment including forklift, hand tools, and other devices
- Most of our Distribution Centers are climate controlled and utilize state of the art systems & equipment
- Stay comfortable while working in a fast-paced team oriented environment!
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- 1+ years experience working as part of a team
- 1+ years of recent work experience in a standing position
- Experience working within a warehouse, production/manufacturing facility or stock room strongly preferred
- Strong reading, addition and subtraction skills needed to manage order specific documentation
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of material handling
- Packaging/Repackaging experience within a warehouse setting
- Experience with RF Scanning Equipment a plus
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to perform lifting (weight varies based on product)
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!